Sunday, January 3, 2010

Twenty Ten or Two Thousand and Ten?

I really can't believe that it is 2010. This last year was a great year for us. Some highlights included welcoming a new nephew, TJ completing his first triathlon sprint, and buying our first house. We look forward to what God has in store for us this year.
To ring in 2010 we decided to have a few friends over to celebrate. At first when TJ brought the idea up I was hesitant, since we just moved in and still had boxes everywhere. So the day before New Years Eve I finally agreed and rushed to the store to get it all together. For being last minute it turned out pretty good.


(decor in my bare living room)



Eating



Party hats I got everyone



Game Time

After we ate we played a great game. TJ's friend told him about it.

How to play:
Everyone gets the same number of index cards as people that are playing and a pen. We had 9 players so everyone got 9 index cards. Everyone writes a random sentence on one card. The you pass all the cards in your deck to the person on the left. The next person reads the sentence and then puts the card in the back of the stack. Then uses the next index card to draw the sentence on the previous card without using words. Then the stack gets passed again to the left person. That person looks at the picture and tries to write the sentence. It goes on until you get your orginal stack of cards back. Then you share your stack of index cards with the group. It was hysterical what sentences people get out of the drawings and seeing everyone's drawings.
We will definitely play this again. Next we tried to take a group picture. Without knowing I had set our camera on "detect smile" instead of "timer". So it took a picture everytime it detected a smile. I couldn't get it to stop so it kept taking them...so here is what I got....











Everyone was having some fun with it

Finally TJ figured out how to make it stop and we got a good one. Although I really like the ones above.


The group


We wish you and yours a very happy and healthy 2010!!

1 comment:

  1. That's too funny about your camera LOL... Glad you had a good time

    ReplyDelete