- President was Theodore Roosevelt
- Only 14% of homes had a bathtub
- Average wage was $.22/hour
- 95% of births took place at home
- There were only 45 states
- Iced tea hadn't been invented
- Max. speed limit was 10 miles/hour
- 144 miles of paved roads
Grandma Mamie with her Grandkids
I am so blessed to have both sets of grandparents and two great grandparents still living. I've get to hear them tell stories of their childhoods and see pictures. The history fanatic in me loves pictures of them. I'm working on a scrapbook of my grandparents to insure their memories for our family. My nepthews get the privilege of knowing 2 great-great grandparents. They might not remember them, but we will have pictures to show them.
The town were she lives declared Mamie Price's Day on Feb. 2 when she turned 100, which I think is pretty awesome. We want to wish my Grandma Mamie a
VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Love you!!
Her Life Long Dream Comes True :)


How awesome is that!!!! Happy Birthday Mamie!! You are so lucky! I have my dad's parents and step parents still alive, but not my moms :( it's still hard to deal with but they are happy up in Heaven.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome story!
Between MeMe & Mamie...you've got some pretty good genes!& with your healthy eating you may be here till your 110th birthday!!! Cherish the memories with all your grandparents! Love you Girl
ReplyDeleteWhat an achievement! I no longer have my grandparents here with me and didn't even get close to meeting my great-grandparents. Make the best of the time you have with him. And how cute is she!! I may have to pack her up and move her in with us!
ReplyDeleteWow is just about all i can say!! That is just amazing, isnt it? She has seen just about everything over those 106 years! I loved the little tidbits of history you put up....no iced tea???!! How did they survive? LOL!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to her!! You all are very lucky to have them in your lives :o)
Oh my goodness -- what an amazing lady! My great grandmother lived to be 103, but three years on top of that is crazy talk!!!
ReplyDelete