Monday, August 17, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Baby Shower

It's Friday, which means it's time for "Show Us Your Life" over at Kelly's Korner. This week is baby showers. Since I don't have any kids yet, I will show you one of the two baby showers I've thrown for my sister, who has two boys. Being from a family of all girls, it was hard for me to come up with ideas for a boy baby shower. My sister doesn't like anything with characters on it, so that left out a lot of options. I just went with color theme. The pictures below are from her shower in February. It was a brown and green theme that also matched his room.



Cake

For decorations I used his sonogram pictures, candy in color theme, flowers, a diaper cake (my first one to make), and a banner I made that said "It's a Boy".

Diaper Cake

I used stamps from Stampin' Up to make these cards to put on the table. I also used the stamps to make the invitations.

The Banner


When the guests left, we gave them cookies with Carson's name on them. A tag was attached to each of the cookies with "Thank You" on one side, and the other with his expected arrival date. My mom and sister made the cookies and the cake.


I'm so excited to see all the great ideas for the baby showers. I have two friends that are having babies next year, so I need all the ideas I can get. Hope everyone has a great weekend.


Thanks for stopping by!!



7 comments:

  1. gorgeous! I need to book mark this site for cool baby boy showers. They're harder to pull together but this one is amazing. Thanks for sharing =) loved your colors and great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such cute ideas. I am impressed with the cake and the cookies! And I love the diaper cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. saw you at kelly's korner. the diaper cake and banner are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t have kiddos either but have hosted a few showers in my day. You did a great job! I love the theme colors and the diaper cake! You would never know it was you 1st one. You mom and sister also did a great job on the cookies and cake.

    domesticprincessintraining@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the banner. The diaper cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Luv the diaper cake and the banner is so cute and creative!

    You definitely did a great job and colors work perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete