Monday, May 11, 2009

Family and Friends

We were non-stop this weekend. It flew by so fast, but we enjoyed every minute. Friday we took off early to go to a friend's farm house in Howe to celebrate her and Suzie's birthdays. The evening started off great with fishing, cooking and visiting.
cooking dinner

the boys



Then I looked out on the lake and saw something swimming our way. I asked the guys what it was, not knowing if I really wanted to know the answer. It definitely wasn't what I wanted to hear...SNAKE!! It came right towards us and the girls jumped in the back of the truck. It continued to come up on land. Lucky for us, our friend Ben loves snakes, and knew it was a rat snake. He pinned it to the ground with a stick without hesitation and picked it up for a closer look. After assuring us we were safe (we girls stayed in the truck anyway), Ben inspected it a little further before throwing it back into the water. It wasted no time slithering back across the lake away from us, no doubt regretting the decision to head our way. Poor guy didn't realize who he was dealing with.

the girls

After our thrill from the snake, it started lightning and thundering. It was pretty for a while, but soon the rain came pouring down. We packed up quick and headed for the house. Meg got herself and Suzie a really cute birthday cake we enjoyed while we watched it hail and rain.

Birthday girls

Sunday, we went to our church before we headed down to Ennis for a Mother's Day lunch with TJ's family. It was great to see everyone especially our niece and nephew since we don't get to see them often. For dinner, we went with my family to Texas Road house, my mom's favorite restaurant. Jase entertained us by dancing and opening peanuts. We love excuses to get together with our friends and family. I forgot to take my camera to Ennis so I don't have any pictures with my mom or mother-in-law, so sad. I'm very lucky to have the best mom and mother-in-law. They are both so giving, and great Godly examples for me!!

2 comments:

  1. SHUT UP! I redid my blog with this header this morning! Great minds think alike. I did some tweaking though & when I posted it, it didn't look right, so its gone now. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...To funny!! I need to redue my header to make my name fit but I got tired of messing with it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete